The trees are skeletal, the rabbits are turning a brilliant white, and the wind has teeth. If you’re anything like me, it’s starting to feel like the first flirtations of Christmas.
I love this time of year. It’s the smell of spiced cider and roast meat, the warmth of furs and candlelight, the high spirits and low inhibitions. Christmas is a season of love and music and human connection, comfort and wonder. It is, of course, also a time to give.
We all know a wild woman. She practices pleasure and beauty and indulgence. She doesn’t shy from the mysteries or the darkness. She walks barefoot in the world, so to speak, and asks many questions. The ideal gift for such a woman could be anything from a perfectly ripe pomegranate to an ancient manuscript, but if you’ve only got $15 and a list of other folks to ruminate on, I recommend the following.
- To soothe – Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner ($10)
- To purify – Juniper Ridge White Sage Minis ($11)
- To cleanse – Crystal Bar Soap ($12)
- To indulge – Artisan chocolate by La Coppeneur ($9)
- To calm – Flowering tea ($5)
- To inspire – Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes ($11)
- To protect – Agate coasters ($7 each)